Normally we are open for a public session every Saturday afternoon, when you can bring your bike into the workshop. We are all volunteers and are happy to help, and our focus is on helping you to fix your own bike.
In the workshop, we have a good range of tools, new and second-hand parts for you to use. We have set prices for parts, and we ask for donations to cover the costs of running the workshop and buying tools.
Reopening with COVID-19 restrictions
From Saturday 18th July, we will be opening again for Do-It-Yourself bike repair sessions. Please note the folowing details:
- Sessions are weather-dependent, as bike workstands will be outdoors. We may cancel a session as late as the Saturday morning if the weather is likely to be bad, and we will contact you if you’re booked in to let you know.
- Everyone must wear a protective mask. Either bring your own mask or we will be selling reusable masks at cost price, around 5 Euro.
- Bike workstands will be spaced out at least 2 metres from each other, and we ask you to keep a 2 metre social distance from others throughout the session.
- A sink is available for hand washing, and alcohol gel will also be available. We will ask you to sanitise your hands before and after your time at the workshop.
- Booking is essential, please use the form below. There will initially be 3 workstands available to book, with slots available at different times between 2pm and 5pm. We will have to give the next person priority if you over-run the end of your time slot.
- We will provide basic tools to everyone using a slot, including the following: tyre levers, spanners 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 17mm. 2, 4, 5, 6mm allen keys, pliers, Phillips screw driver 2 sizes, rag, oil, toothbrush. If you can bring and use your own basic tools, that will be helpful for us. Other tools will be available as required.
- As always, our volunteers will be on hand to guide you, but you will need to do your own work on your bike.
- We ask for a donation of 5 Euro per hour using the space, and we have used and new parts available to buy.
- There is no shade in the car park. Please consider bringing a drink and sunscreen if you’ll be working outside in the sun.